All content belongs to the owners of Homestead Prayers. You may not use any of our content without permission.

Love Fervently

Written By Eric



October 14th is my wife's birthday and it's the first celebration of any kind as a married couple. Am I feeling the pressure? No, she makes it easy for me by letting me know what she likes. Moreover, she has a Pinterest and an Etsy account of her interests. On Etsy alone she has over 800 items "favorited". Now that is a lot of sifting to go through. Nonetheless, it is still easy.
            However, I made her a homemade gift in addition to the ones I bought because she really, really likes them. To her, they are more thoughtful and meaningful. I agree. Because we were blessed with an AMAZING TESTIMONY, which can be read about in another post written by my beautiful wife, God has made it easy for me to come up with a thoughtful and meaningful gift. After all, "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies" (Proverbs 31:10). God can, that's who! He helped me find a virtuous woman and continues to help me sustain that view. Glory to the Lord!
            So, because we were recently married, September 12, 2017 (yes, remember your dates men!) and Phil Robertson and Jimmy Gibson from the hit TV show Duck Dynasty were witnesses that signed our marriage certificate, it made for an easy decision to make a picture frame/box that would hold our extraordinary memorabilia.
            Making the project was pretty simple. I didn't do anything fancy. I used old wood that was laying around needing a purpose, made square cuts to keep it simple instead of miters, a little glue, some nails, and voila! a near finished product. The only thing I bought was $3 picture frame because I needed a piece of glass and $2.89 hinges. The magnetic catch I used for the frame/door came off an old cabinet door, but they're inexpensive, too, if you need to buy one.
            The finishing touches on the picture box include placing the hinges, the catch, and gluing the twine on. The idea of the twine came to me because I wanted to credit our marriage to the Lord Almighty. I mean, He did orchestrate it all! The handle is simply a knot made from the twine to represent tying the knot or more biblically stated in Mark 10:8 in the King James Bible, "And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they (we) are no more twain, but one flesh." The twine also represents a cord of three: God, me, and Angela. Notice the knot has three lengths of cord coming off of it to represent this covenant. Chapter four verses 9-12 of Ecclesiastes says: 9"Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labour. 10 For if they fail, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. 11 Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?"  I love the rhetorical questions in the bible. 12 "And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." You see, as a couple we can endure the yoke of the world because we have each other to lean on. More importantly, we acknowledge the most important cord, God! Because, God gave up His only son Jesus Christ to make our yoke easy and our burden light (Matt. 11:30 KJB). Think about this! Christ loved us all so much that He gave up His life to make our life easier or to help us be saved. He didn't give up His life to give us a free pass, He gave it up so that the choice to be saved is ours. Would you give your life for another not guaranteed they'll make the right choices?
            In summary, showing fervent love for my wife is more than showering her with symbolic gifts bought or made. It includes loving her as Christ loves us. And the only way to do that is to live for Christ by Christ. Make the most important commitment you'll ever make in life, read Galatians Chapter 2 verse 20. 




Comments

  1. What a sweet and thoughtful gift, Eric! Just beautiful. So precious to know my dear friend is being loved so sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I just second what Cheryl said! I am so glad the Lord brought the two of you together - what a blessing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts