All content belongs to the owners of Homestead Prayers. You may not use any of our content without permission.

2023

 I can't believe it's the Mew Year already! I'm sure many of you can relate. This year has been tough on me and the kids, well more on me. The kids are doing remarkably well. I'm thankful to God everyday for that. I break down at least once a day, which is good because it used to be multiple times.  

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;" (2 Corinthians 4:8-9 KJV).

My trust in the LORD! Thats how I get by! 

Although I did stumble upon an amazing writer, Liz Newman  https://www.facebook.com/liznewmanwriter?mibextid=ZbWKwL, who writes about grief. Her words speak what my heart stumbles on. 

I've been keeping our/Angela's traditions, well the best I can anyways. I'm still doing tea parties for Clara, keeping up on the holiday traditions, changing our monthly flag, decorating the house, and FB Sunday Posts, and more. I even buy things she would like, such as curtains, bed set, sun catchers.

 



















Comments

  1. Oh, Eric! I was so happy to see your comments left on my blog today! I have wondered about you and the kids so many, many times. I am SO thankful you are keeping up with all those sweet things Ang used to do with you and the kids. It did my heart so much good to come here and see all the pictures and all the smiles on the kids' faces. Do you know that I kept half expecting to see her face in the pictures? It just felt like she should be there with y'all. I miss her so much. I think about her often and I leave the little tea container out where I can see it every time I reach for a coffee pod. I will never understand why God didn't heal her on this side. Please stay in touch with me and keep me updated on how you and the kids are doing. I don't want to lose touch. God bless all of you and hold you close as you mourn someone so dear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts