All content belongs to the owners of Homestead Prayers. You may not use any of our content without permission.

First Bible Study



 Written by Eric

Leading my first bible study was an exceptional experience. But that was the end result feeling I received. Before then, I was nervous and very doubtful in my WISDOM and my ability to lead one. I was unsure of the topic I chose and not confident as a public speaker. However, I was more eased when I realized only one person was coming, phew. She is a good friend of my wife's and I met her a few times before at church and at our home. I had my nerves in check, my notes were organized, and I was as prepared as I could be. An hour before GOD time, my wife gets a message that one more person may come, then one turned into two, a couple! Yikes, nerves flared back up and my confidence sank like the Titanic. You see, these people are way more experienced in living in God's word than I.  But my wife is very supportive and reminded me that God normally asks us to do things that takes us out of our confront zone. With that I prayed, God bring as many people to the bible study as you want (a dry and deep swallow followed), but please give me the confidence to lead this study and deliver the message you want conveyed, Amen. With that simple prayer I felt better and guess what? It was an extraordinary experience.
WISDOM
            After I prayed for a bible study topic, God led me to discuss wisdom. Then, I thought James 1:5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not: and it shall be given." In short, God will give us an abundance of wisdom without revile or in judgment so as long as we ask. Just ask, that's pretty simple. However, what is wisdom? The bible says, "Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding" (KJV, Job 28:28). Google says, "the soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of experience, knowledge, and good judgment" is wisdom. Google is partially right. Wisdom is soundness of an action and decision with regard to the application of experience, knowledge, and good judgment BECAUSE YOU FEAR THE LORD. So, why do you fear the Lord? Because He's our God ALMIGHTY, our HEAVENLY FATHER, the CREATOR of All things including WISDOM.
                Yes, fear the Lord if you want to be wise. Because if you fear the Lord He will keep you on the RIGHT track. If you veer off, He will sanction the consequences.  Just as a parent punishes their children, God our FATHER in heaven will punish you. So, pray for wisdom, right now! And, every time you find yourself unsure, weak, sad, impatient, anxious, intolerant, dishonest, prideful, selfish, or whatever the case is, stop and pray for it and it shall be given to him (you). From my perspective, God's purpose is to help us develop wisdom or the godly characters that we need to be WISE.  Having wisdom is the ability to be patient and strong, to persevere and endure, the understanding of truth and honesty, to discern between good and evil, to be humble and compassionate, and WHATEVER else it takes to OBEY God and DEPART from evil! That's wisdom!
                So How do you get it all that wisdom? Well, if you could be like King Solomon, you would receive it from God because you pleased Him by asking for the wisdom to righteously judge and care for the multitude of His people, see 1 Kings 3: 6-12 in the King James Bible. Do you have kids, a mom, a dad, brothers, sisters, or friends? Hey, I'm a father and a husband and I NEED wisdom to care for the little kingdom that God entrusted me with. Anyway, There was no other wise before King Solomon and unfortunately, will there be one after!  Hey, don't blame me that's what God says, see 1 Kings 3: 12 in the KJV. 
                So, back to the question of how do we receive the wisdom we need? By simply asking. Really, just ask! You see, we continuously go through God's refinements or in other words, we go through tests, trials, and tribulations to build up our characters (WISDOM). For some more information on How God refines us read Daniel 11:35, Daniel 12:10, Malachi 3: 2-4, Psalm 66:10-12, Job 23:10. Have you ever been impatient, angry, frustrated, overwhelmed, worried, mean, intolerant, weak, or HOPELESS? Well, God is working on us and waiting for us. Working on us because He wants us to handle the situation better  with a godly character. Waiting because He wants us to come to Him in those times and ASK for patience, strength, endurance, perseverance, and HOPE! Only then will you receive the help you need and finally BEGIN to gain the WISDOM you need. Moreover, those unpleasant tests, trials, and tribulations will not be as difficult because you will have God's Wisdom. You might not gain wisdom as King Solomon did, but we can still strive to be as wise.
                To sum it up, My bible study is about wisdom being a compilation of godly characters not merely a single intelligence. In order for us to obtain WISDOM,  we must fear the Lord so that we can depart from evil and ask in prayer to improve the characters we lack so there is sound action and decision on our part based on how God refines us. 



Comments

  1. So thankful that the LORD gave you peace in your heart as you studied HIS word that you would be able to bring forth the word that the LORD has given to you to share. Enjoyed the good word that you shared today about the wisdom of the LORD and pray that the LORD continues to bless you and your dear wife and family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts